Books Silly Faces See Me...Go! This dopey board book has a big opening in the middle so that as I turn the pages (Flying on a plane is fun! I can fly high in the sky!) I can hold it up to toddler faces for a little audience participation. Beep Beep by Petr Horacek The Babies on the Bus by Karen Katz. The babies on the bus bounced, cried, slept and waved goodbye! Usually I don't vary the favorites with this group because the babies love repetition so much more than originality or a challenge, but Karen Katz, as usual, was right on target. Toot Toot Beep Beep by Emma Garcia. Sounds + types of vehicles + colors = perfect storytime starter. This year I used it at the end of the book, rolling different colored cars down a ramp I made from a half sheet of foam board. Moo! by David Larochelle. Even though this is my all time favorite, and everyone listens, I don't think the babies get the irony. Diggers Go by Steve Light. ...
Books: Silly Faces...See Me...In the Ocean! The babies were a little wary about being Silly Faces for me. When I modeled the sea creatures, they were OK with it. Don't Splash the Sasquatch by Redeker. The moms were kinda bewildered by this weird book, but the kids listened. The Pop-up Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae. This beautiful big pop has great sea creatures and fun rhymes. Next year: At the Beach. A board book The Three Fish and the Big Bad Shark. Get PPLC shark and three fish. The shark is so big that it MIGHT grab them! Special Songs: We sang the Wheels on the Bus and then did the Waves on the Sea : Lots of sounds and movement make this fun for this crowd. Next time: Don't forget to use the scarves for the motions. Slippery Fish 1 little, 2 little, 3 little fishies, 4 little, 5 little, 6 little fishies, 7 little, 8 little, 9 little fishies, ten little fish swimming in the big blue sea. 9 little, 8 little, 7 little fishies, 6 littl...
Book : Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? I used Kiz Club Brown Bear figures. In earlier years, I had hung them randomly around the room, but this year I hung them on the clothesline and, very repetitively, recited, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?" taking each one down by turns and introducing them to the audience. That worked a lot better -- they actually knew what to look for and say. Play: Either Five fuzzy teddy bears are in their bed. "Now go to sleep!" their mama said. But one escaped and down the hall he fled! Now 4 fuzzy teddy bears are ready for bed. "Five bears in the bed and the little one said, roll over, roll over." The babies seemed to prefer the teddy bears on the wall today -- maybe the idea of so many bears falling helplessly to the ground unnerved them. Book: Where's My Teddy by Jez Alborough. A tiny bit hard for them. Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson. The moms tried to help out, and quite...
Comments
Post a Comment