Rhyme Time, Wednesday, August 30 @ 10:30


Babies don't always get our jokes and they don't always get the point of the story but they love the sound of a good rhyme. We'll be doing rhyme time at storyhour today!

Storytime 1
Books

Miss Mary Mack big book by Mary Ann Hoberman.  Kinda perfect clapping song.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle. I used the I used Kiz Club Brown Bear figures and sang/chanted this the way Bill Martin does.Try out this readaloud style:

JUMP! by Scott Fischer. 

Still a Gorilla by Kim Norman 

Songs
Barnyard Dance by the immortal Sandra Boynton. Print out and do as chant. 


Babies hard at work!

Storytime 2

Books
Do Cows Meow? board book Salina Yoon.  V. good.  I put a lot of emphasis on All-I-Know-Is-____-Go-______ to turn it into a refrain.
I Howl, I Growl board book Marcia Vaughan.  So this was a bit redundant.  I think I should have plugged a Sandra Boynton in here. 
Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball by Vicki Churchill. Not only is this written in cute rhymes, but it has tons of motions in it -- "Sometimes I like to just walk round and round, I pigeon step, pigeon step, till I fall down." (Pigeon toes, in which the toes point inwards, is common and occurs at any time from infancy to about age eight. -- Free Dictionary)

Songs
With the exception of the inevitable Motor Boat, we really did all rhyming songs. It was nice, I used some I don't ordinarily.

Pat-a Cake
Itsy Bitsy Spider -- the long version with the baby bug
Tommy Thumbs Up and Tommy Thumbs down
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Pizza Pickle Pumpernickel
Teddy Bear (of course)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ms. Travis Valentine's Day List

A Bundle of Babies today

Farm Animal Storyhour, Wednesday, November 1 @ 10:30